With the scope of LEED certification, the compliance path of the Minimum Energy Performance (EAp1) and Optimize Energy Performance (EAc1) requires projects to perform a whole building energy simulation to demonstrate energy savings over a baseline established by a referenced standard ASHRAE 90.1-2010.
We provide following services to help the project to ensure compliance with the EAp2 Minimum Energy Performance, and to verify the percentage of energy saving according to EAc1 Optimize Energy Performance.
- Distribute ASHRAE 90.1 checksheets for completion by design team to ensure minimum (not-modeled) requirements are met
- Create a model using TAS Software to validate minimum energy performance and compliance with EAp2
- As an independent third party, build and simulate the energy model for compliance to EAp2
- Provide a preliminary model (using TAS Software) based on the earliest design to catch any issues in meeting the credit goal
- Perform model iterations based on the debatable energy design features to estimate the magnitude of savings
- Update preliminary model with final design and assemble documentation to certify the level of energy performance and number of credits eligible for EAc1